|My 1977 Ford F-250 Ranger 4x4
(3/77) Ford F-250 ¾ Ton Ranger 4x4, 7700 LBS GVWR
VIN# F26HRYO7656. It originally came with 360 2V, AC, PS, PB, 4-SPD, front
disk brakes, overload springs. It now has a 400 2V
from a '74 LTD that the Previous owner installed.
The part-time transfer case is a divorced Model 205. The front axle
is the strong single-piece Dana 44 and is fitted with Warn turnout hubs.
The rear axle is the free-floating Dana 60 and is built to last. Differential
gears are 4.09 / 4.10.
Bought the truck in 1999 off of eBay for $5k (see original
ad). It was in great shape, with rebuilt tranny, engine, and new
seat. It had about 54k miles on the engine.
It also came with shovels stored under the bed.
See the Before and After photos.
|Rebuilt stuff (see maintenance
Added the following goodies:
- Rebuilt carb and converted to electric choke. 3/28/2001
- Complete valve job, installed unleaded valve seats. (It wouln'd pass smog). 3/31/2001
- Replaced stock steering wheel with new 15" wheel (#48-1152) and horn kit from LMC Truck $130
- Replaced stock front bumper with Warn winch/bumper combo. (Made diamond plate for top filler plates. Extra strength for standing)
- Replaced driveline and yokes (built by South Bay Driveline $688) to 1 ton. I wanted stronger U-Joints.
- Replaced NP205 transfer case with a rebuilt unit from Driveline Specialists.
- Remanufactured engine by Jasper.
- Changed Spindle and Hub to a '78 version. Could not find a '77-1/2 hub.
- CB and a 2-meter (modified) radios.
- Warn Classic winch bumper:
- Leer Shell (w/boot and carpet liner): $1,104 7/12/2000
- Vent screen covers, made magnetic screen covers for vents to keep leaves out.
- Driving lights; Pro Comp Stainless 130 (EXP-9160) and Fog (HLA-73712)
- Wheels (16x8 767 Series Black Spoke) and tires (LT265/75R16 BF Goodrich All Terrain): $984
- Power door locks
- Stereo, Aiwa (# CDC-MP3) from Logjam $275, and Alpine speakers (# SPR-179A) $135
- Second battery (deep cycle)
- Electric fuel pump: $104 9/21/2001
- SW Vacuum (# 82322) $44
- SW Mechanical oil pressure (# 82328) $50
- SW Mechanical water temp (# 82326-60) $63
- SW Voltmeter (# 82309) $43
- Warn 12,000 lb winch: $1073 and cover $76 7/10/2002